MELT Essentials For Runners
Where: Triomph Fitness, 10 Whitwell Place, Gowanus
When: October 13th, 3-5PM
Improve Your Running With The Melt Method
Running can be a great workout, but the repetitive stress can be hard on your body. Learn how to reduce the wear and tear on your joints, as well as the risk of common injuries that could keep you sidelined. Find out how to increase mileage and run more efficiently without hurting your body, so you can get even more out of running.
MELT is a simple self-treatment technique that directly affects the part of your body commonly stressed during running – your connective tissue. Whether you run for short or long distances, adding MELT to your practice can help you get more out of your runs, reduce damage to your body and the risk of injury, and speed your recovery time. This workshop will also introduce MELT Neurostrength work for improved over all performance.
With this workshop I hope to change the way you think about your body, and about running!
- Discover the places in your body that are tight or weak, and learn what to do about it. (you may be surprised!)
- Improve muscle timing for more efficient movement
- Learn how to finetune your power center (core and glutes)s
- Understand the breath, diaphram and how both are affecting your movement everyday and in running
- Learn how to keep your legs feeling fluid and open and maintain space in your joints despite pounding the pavement.
- Understand best practices for both pre run and recovery
With practice you will be able to run from a more efficient place with less wear and tear on your body. The goal is to get you running better AND longer!
$45 without a soft roller
$80 with a soft roller*
- MELT soft ball for foot treatment ($10 value)
- Handouts to continue practice on your own at home
- Discounts on soft roller* and full hand and foot treatment kits (while supplies last- Roller $35 if purchased ahead of time, $40 if day of, reg $40 plus tax and shipping, H & F Treatment Kit $40, reg $50 plus tax and shipping)
*You will need a soft roller to be able to do all the homework taught in this workshop