Valentine’s Day is all about LOVE! And what better way to show your body some love than with a workout?
Kill two birds with one stone and have a fun day with a friend or partner and get those endorphins pumping!
Working with a partner can be a really great way to motivate one another to get to the gym as well as an opportunity to have someone else monitor your movements and push you!
Here are some ideas for you and a buddy to do this Valentine’s Day:
- Run Around the Park. Running with a buddy is a great way to get the most out of your run and why not take that run to the park? There are several reasons why having a partner can be beneficial including having someone to hold you accountable, make sure your form is good, help you set a good pace and, of course, someone to help the time pass with good conversation!
- Go To a Dance or Fitness Class. There are TONS of amazing dance and fitness classes all over NYC! There are classes ranging from zumba, to hip hop dance, to pilates to cycling. Those types of classes are such a fun way to get your exercise in and have a great date with a friend.
- Do Some Circuit Training. Circuit training is great for buddies in a similar way to running is: having someone to keep you company and keep you accountable can be a really valuable tool in your fitness routine. There are tons of great circuit workouts you can try on the web like 29 Great Partner Exercises or Buddy Up With These 11 Exercises You Can Do With a Partner
- Jump Around. On a personal note, I’ve been loving the jump rope recently! I find it to be an effective and fun way to get your cardio in and your heart rate up. You can jump rope with a buddy by either jumping in tandem or taking turns (2 minutes on, 2 minutes off) for 20-30 minutes.
- Get a Day Pass. Most, if not all, gyms will offer potential members a free day or week pass. It’s a great way to get a feel for the gym firsthand! Additionally, some gyms offer guest passes for members wanting to bring a friend.
- Try Something New. Whether it’s going to the gym, a dance class, a run or doing an at-home workout - getting out there and trying something new is how you keep health and wellness interesting. That being said, trying new things can be intimidating and bringing a friend with you can bring comfort and familiarity into otherwise unknown territory. And if you’re loving a workout you’re doing - share that wealth with someone you love! Show them you love them by making inviting them to feel good.
Did you know we offer buddy sessions at Pongo Power? Why train alone when you and your partner can train together! To learn more, fill out the form and we'll be in touch. Happy Valentine's Day!