Metabolism is the process of converting food (calories) into energy. The efficiency with which your body does this is referred to as your metabolic rate. Once you reach your goal, an RMR measurement can give you the precise caloric prescription for maintenance to help you sustain that goal weight.
WHY TEST YOUR METABOLIC RATE?
- Learn how many calories you burn per day, so you can eat the maximum amount of food while losing weight
- Screen for a slowed metabolism that may explain frustrated attempts to lose weight in the past
- Reveal changes in your metabolism during the weight loss process that can help troubleshoot a frustrating plateau
HOW DOES THE TEST WORK?
KORR Metabolic Analyzers utilize the same technology as ICU metabolic testing.
Every calorie a person consumes requires a fixed amount of oxygen to be converted to energy. The KORR Analyzer measures the oxygen you consume to calculate calories burned.
All of the air exhaled by the patient must be collected to measure oxygen consumption. Two one-way valves in the KORR MetaBreather ensure that only fresh air is inhaled and all exhaled gas passes through the hose and into the machine. A nose-clip ensures that all exhaled air is analyzed.
THE KEY TO HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS
Healthy weight loss happens when your body is at an energy deficit. This means you’re consuming less calories than you’re burning each day.
By testing your unique metabolic rate, we can determine your target calorie zones. This will ensure you’re maintaining enough of an energy deficit to lose weight, without under eating.
Sustainable weight loss is never achieved through starvation diets. Even if you’ve had trouble dieting before, knowing your target calorie zone will help you eat a satisfying amount of food while losing fat in a healthy way.
Achieve balance in both your strength and flexibility training through circular strength training and clubbell athletics.
Benefits of Clubbell Training:
- Improved grip strength
- Better range of motion
- Superior force production of torque to core
- Access rotational, three-dimensional strength
- Refined posture
Master the art of combining proper nutrition and exercise training with elite personal trainer and weight loss specialist Judy Jerome.
Benefits of Drop a Size:
- Better digestion
- Increase in energy
- Boost self-confidence
- Relief from pain
- Make better choices when eating out
Increase productivity and decrease pain in the workplace with support from our team of certified medical exercise specialists.
Benefits of Pain Relief Now:
- Identify the source of your pain
- Release muscle tension and soreness
- Activate muscles that are now operating in proper sequence
- Move right and well
- Find and increase your strength
Learn to run long distances with ease and receive a gait training analysis to fix any kinetic-chain movement patterns that could lead to micro-traumas.
Benefits of Rev Up to Run:
- Learn how to safely increase your running pace, distance, and duration
- Identify bad habits and correct weaknesses that can lead to injury
- Master the art of integrating your core when running
- Engage in Semi-Private, Comprehensive 5K race-training
- Achieve your runner’s high